The Viper HD Siphon Pressure Abrasive Blast Cabinet is a high-quality sandblasting cabinet designed for use in home garages. The 2017 model takes a new approach to the dust collector using 9 times the filter area, a negative pressure 100% welded steel construction dust collector with hopper dust storage and MERV tested cartridge filtration. This machine operates on a 220-volt single-phase electrical power supply and requires 16 cfm of compressed air at 80 psi. Although the Viper HD has a relatively small overall machine footprint, it can accommodate oversized parts via two side-access doors.
ProTip: If you need more information about purchasing compressed air, check out these Air Compressor FAQ’s and Air Compressor 101: Everything You Need to Know.
Benefits of the Viper HD Siphon Blasting Cabinet
- This model is the widest compact cabinet manufactured using a single 48″ steel width and 100% welded construction.
- The Viper HD has two (2) side access doors, to accommodate over-sized parts
- This machine includes a Class III 335 cfm pressure dust collector blower and centrifugal abrasive separator reclaimer, which greatly increases cabinet visibility.
- The lighting fixture has been moved outside of the machine to permit more usable vertical space inside cabinet and, as of 2017, uses all new LED lighting.
- This machine, like all Media Blast models, comes with an impressive list of Standard Features and Optional Features, which allow unparalleled customization to meet each user’s needs.
To Sum It Up
The Viper HD is very simple to operate and economical to own. It’s the ideal choice for someone who wants the convenience of an abrasive blast cabinet at home but doesn’t need to operate the machine more than one hour daily. 2017 models have a few new bells and whistles compared to previous models, including the all-LED lighting and a more powerful dust collector.
To see if the Viper HD is the right blasting cabinet for your needs, visit our Buying Guide or contact our helpful customer service department. Look at the Space Saver HD for the same gun size with a smaller cabinet footprint. Visit the new Cobra for a taller cabinet with a much larger, negative pressure, cartridge style dust collector that’s 100% welded with hopper bottom dust storage.